Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kaiden's Potty-Trained

Yes! The day has finally arrived that I can say that Kaiden is pretty much potty-trained. After ranting and raving the last time, you might wonder how this happened. Well I pretty much made her sit on the toilet after she had been holding it all day until she finally went pee. She literally sat there and cried and screamed for about 1/2 an hour before she went. Talk about stubborn. After that she did the whole crying and screaming thing a few more times before she started miracuously telling me when she needed to go. Let me just add that we did do a lot of bribing in process before we got to that point. O.k now getting on to the poo business. I have heard that kids will hold thier poo for days, but Kaiden defineately proved that point when she held number two for 4 days. Gross. I couldn't even stand to be near her, she smelt like crap. I mean it! It was disgusting. Everytime I tried to get her to go I didn't have any luck. Finally, she went and I think only for the fact that the poo had no where else to go. O.k. that was a little visual but true none the less. Now, she still holds it a few days before she goes but at least she doesn't smell like the sewer. My poor stinky child. Yea! We are almost there. Anyhoo. thought I should share my great news with everyone.

1 comments:

Bastian Family said...

Congratulations Shannon! I am looking very forward to potty training Tyler. He too just won't go. It is driving me CRAZY!!!!