Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Trip to Portland

So... J. planned this whole trip to Portland with the intent of attending the ASU vs. Oregon State basketball game (typical J.). I had never been to Oregon and we went with some frineds Mandy and Dusty Heal. We were lucky enough that we were able to stay with J.'s cousin Amber Dahl and her family, who live in the Portland area. We were able to go and explore Portland while we were there. One of the sights we had to go and see was the famous Vodoo Doughnuts (shown on 'The Amazing Race'). This is Amber Dahl, myself, and Mandy Heal in front on the shop.


O.K., so this is thier menu and the names of the doughnuts that they make. You seriously need to read the names of the doughnuts. It might be a little suggestive, but I thought it was so funny that I had to take a picture of it.




J. and I both got their famous maple bacon doughnout (simply a maple doughnut with a piece of bacon on the top, wierd but very good), and Kaiden got a doughnut with M&M's on it (genius).






2 comments:

the Painters said...

how fun! I remember seeing this place at one of the "pitstops" on The Amazing Race last season. ever since, I've wanted to have one of their donuts....now I'm jealous...
:) We miss you guys.

Mandy said...

Those donuts were the best! We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for inviting us!