Monday, August 17, 2009

Killer Whale Alert!!

At the end of July, J.'s parents came out to visit us. We were super excited to see them. Kaiden kept saying that her other grandma was coming. My parents had just came a few weeks earlier, so J.'s parents were therefore labled 'the other grandma and gradpa'. We were glad that they made the trip up to see us and tried to think of some funs things we could do while they were here. When my parents were here, we went out whale watching, or should I say that we tried to go whale watching. Sadly we did not get to see any whales that day. Not to be discouraged, we decided to try again. This time we left from Port Townsend instead of Anacortes, hoping that a different route would make a differance. This time it did, because we got to see the Orcas. I was singing the last part of that line in my head while I wrote it, just so you know.
Kaiden with her 'other grandma and gradpa', Linda and Mike Bradshaw.
The boat was not allowed to get closer than 100 yards from the whales, so we did not get very good close up pictures of them.


0 comments: