Thursday, January 15, 2009

Potty- Training Nightmare

So I have been trying to potty train Kaiden for about 6 months. Well actually even longer than that. I think I started before Carson was born, and then gave up after he was born because you know a new born baby is crazy enough. So anyway, after we moved to Washington I made up my mind that it was going to happen. NO MORE DIAPERS! Gosh, I just wish that someone had let Kaiden in on this new resolution. She was nervous at first, but extremely excited to wear panties. At the beginning she had the normal accidents, but had no desire to go on the toilet. She would sit on the toilet but the accidents continued to happen. Then she got where she would not tell me that she peed in her panties. Well, that continued happening for a while until I decided every time she peeed in her pants I would wash her off with cold water in the bathtub. Let me just say that that was a big mistake. From then on she was determined to hold it until the end of time I guess, who knows. I mean she would literally not go to the the bathroom for 8+ hours. Aggrevating. So I gave up trying to do anything with her. Give her a break and then she will be ready, I thought to myself. So I didn't do anything during Christmas, and now I am back at it again. And once again she is holding it all day. What the heck!! On Monday she held it for like 11 hours. She was crossing her knees, walking repeatedly around the room, and whining. Freaking go to the bathroom already, but I put her all the little toilet and she didn't do anything. Is she afraid to let it come out? Does she have a bladder the size of an elelphant? I have know idea. So that night (after she is still holding it all the live long day) I went upstairs to put Carson to bed and when I came back down J. had put a diaper on her, and (of course) lo' and behold it is already full, because she peed it it. Aargh. She is so stubborn! I need a Toilet Fairy, you know just like the Tooth Fairy who comes and magically makes all children miracuously potty trained. What a nice thought. Sigh. People I need some advice or I am going to stangle my daughter! I have already started dreaming about potty training her. What more do I need. My dreams will probably start turning into nightmares. Instead of a person stalking me, I will have Kaiden's Dora potty lurking around the corner ready to pounce on me and drag me down to the sewer. Oh well. Someday it will all be over (fingers crossed).

6 comments:

Crystal said...

OK, I know I am probably the worst person to be giving advice, having no kids of my own. But here's what my mom did... She taught us to use scissors and use the bathroom at the same time. We sat down, cut up some construction paper, and were excited about both, um, experiences.

Shady Bradys said...

Wow. I'm sorry. Guess I've got a lot to look forward to! My mom never pushed it but some of her kids were close to four before they were out of diapers. One of my sister-in-law's, on the other hand, had all her kids trained before they were two. She said she just promised them little candies like m&ms or skittles and they did it! Too easy. Hope it gets better for y'all soon!

Lopez-kids said...

The potty treats worked for Julia, but so did the cold shower. :-) Also, Julia never liked going on the little potty. She went straight to the big one. Good luck! PS - She gets the stubborn thing from her daddy!

Leah and Mike said...

I used this book, called Becoming Pottywise, they did the BabyWise books which help your kids sleep, which my do amazingly. This book has a great concept of rewarding your kids when they stay "clean and dry" and then getting them to just sit on the potty every 1/2 hour or so, it's much more detailed then I can tell you in a email, so give me a call. Not that I have all the anwsers, but we just potty trained Hendrix and it took a week, he even wears underwear to bed and goes completely by himself without telling us, we'll just hear the toilet flush. It's been a month now and maybe we can swap ideas.

Anonymous said...

Itѕ likе уοu гead
mу mіnd! You арpеaг to
know a lot about this, like уοu ωrotе
the book іn it οr sоmethіng.
I think that yοu cοuld do with some pics tο drіve thе meѕѕage home а bіt,
but instеad of thаt, thiѕ is
fаntastіc blog. Α great гeаd.
I will definitely be back.

Hаve a lοοk at my wеblog:
bucket Truck
Also see my site :: www.utilitytruck1.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I deѕirе to subscribe for thіs web site to obtain most гecent updatеs, so
where can i do іt pleаse help.

Mу web-site - tens therapy